Wednesday, February 16, 2011

The next three days review

I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect when I sat down in the theater to watch Paul Haggis’ new film THE NEXT THREE DAYS. I had seen a trailer a month or so beforehand, but couldn’t quite remember exactly how it presented the film, since nearly every trailer released lately completely misrepresents the actual tone of the movie. I was aware of the premise and everyone involved so I had a feeling that even if I wasn’t completely with the story that I would at least enjoy the performances by the two leads, which is carries most of the film. I sometimes worry about films that try to span so many different genres especially when you try to make a film that thrills you while also trying to strike an emotional balance. I am actually somewhat surprised to be able to say that THE NEXT THREE DAYS finds a way to mix each of its story elements in a successful and compelling way, but not without a few hiccups.

3 comments:

  1. I think i would see that one.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks im always looking for good reviews i will follow with interest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you should make a Law Abiding Citizen review ;)

    ReplyDelete